The Youth Job Link (YJL) program is a year-round program for youth ages 15-29 who are looking for a job. We can provide access to job search resources, job postings, workshops, training and information to help you get into the workforce.
This program is free to youth and employers!
In addition to these services, we can offer job matching services and incentives to eligible youth and employers.
Youth Eligibility for Job Matching
To be eligible for incentives and supports, youth must:
- Be 15-29
- Eligible to work in Ontario
- Be an Ontario resident
- Have no previous work experience.
To find out more about how to use Youth Job Link to get your first “real” job, just call or email us and we’ll be happy to help!
In order to be eligible for this program, employers must:
- Be licensed to operate in Ontario
- Hire youth identified by the service provider
- Not be a federal, provincial or municipal government agency
- Not be a designated broader public sector organization, as defined by the Broader Public Sector Accountability Act
- Not be an Employment Service provider
- Not be currently receiving other government funds for the same job placement (i.e., Employment Service or Youth Job Connection)
- Not use new hires who are eligible for hiring incentives to displace existing staff, or replace staff who have been laid-off
- Not give hiring incentives to current employees or immediate relative (e.g. parents, spouse, siblings, or child)
- Unique opportunities to support youth in the community
- Access to pre-screened youth who are motivated to work
- Hiring incentives for employers who hire youth for their first job
- Up to $300 is available per participant (up to $600 is available for youth with disabilities)
- Supports can be used to:
- offset work-related costs such as transportation, work clothing and equipment.
- Employer incentives are intended to encourage employers to hire youth identified by the service provider
Comments are closed.