The YWCA Hamilton Uplift Program provides participants the opportunity to reskill or upskill in the advanced manufacturing and specialized technology fields through certification training and additional supports related to navigating non-traditional workplaces and job development. All training expenses are covered by the program, and paid by YWCA Hamilton.
The Uplift Program is a program for women and non-binary to reskill or upskill in advanced manufacturing and specialized technology fields through post-secondary training.
Program Description as follows:
- Featuring the YWCA Hamilton Uplift Program in Advanced Manufacturing
- 36 week part-time training opportunity with training partners McMaster MMRI and Brescia University College, ideal for people who are employed and cannot upskill through other methods
- Career mentorship and job development supports
- No cost to participants – funded by FedDev – Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario
- Program offerings via 6 Regional YWCA partners across south and central Ontario
- Micro-credential training for women in male-dominated sectors and to help boost economic recovery for women
Join YWCA Hamilton and Employment Solutions for an in-depth information session on Tuesday, August 31 2021 from 2:00pm – 3:00pm.
Please register in advance for this meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMsduuvrzojGNw0jF-5lhj2Xb3yNrvLK4jb
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
To learn more or get involved, contact Kelley Evans at: