This position is part time with potential for full time with rotating days and afternoons is responsible for providing efficient and effective cleaning, maintenance, repair and upkeep to ensure the shopping centre is maintained in a healthy, safe and sanitary manner. This position requires the individual to be in the standing position for the majority of the shift and constant movement (i.e. mopping, vacuuming, cleaning washrooms throughout the shopping centre).
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Supervisor of the Maintenance Department, you will perform a variety of duties during your shift relating to the maintenance and cleanliness of the Seaway Mall.
These responsibilities include;
- Perform routine custodial work such as cleaning, washing, dusting, vacuuming, mopping (dry and wet) and sanitizing of all areas of the Shopping Centre including restrooms
- Empty and reline waste bins, transporting the waste material to designated collection points
- Operate and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools for the cleaning and general maintenance of the facility
- Clean and maintain outdoor grounds including sweeping walkways, removing debris, shoveling snow, salting etc.
- Understand and follow safe procedures regarding the use of chemicals and supplies
- Compliance with procedures relating to infection control and effective cleaning methods
- Set-up & take-down of mall displays and décor
- Reporting any hazards, damaged equipment or property to your Supervisor in a timely manner
- Ensure cleaning materials and supplies are stored in a safe and orderly manner
- Respond to emergency situations and tenant issues as required (i.e. power outage, fire, flood situations etc.)
Secondary School diploma
Ability to operate equipment and hand-power tools applicable to the role
Physically fit enabling reasonable lifting, pushing, pulling, climbing and walking for extended amount of time.
Ability to work independently and with other team members as necessary
Fluent in English
General cleaning experience
Ability to schedule and prioritize workload
Ability to lift up to approximately 50lbs
Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills dealing with tenants, contractors and customers
Must be able to provide an up-to-date Police Criminal Record Check
Familiarity with Health and Safety legislation (ie. WHMIS/GHS)
How to Apply
Please copy and paste “Cleaner – Seaway Mall” into the subject line of your email and forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more services, please call 289-488-1800 or 905-788-3751 to speak to an Employment Advisor about how our services can help you find the job you want, for free!
We connect Great People with Great Companies!