Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. Interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity is for a CNC Programmer-Operator and is a Full Time, Permanent position.
*8-hour day shifts, Monday to Friday, though overtime may occasionally be required
Salary/Wage: Dependent on Experience
Responsibilities and Duties
- Program and operate a variety of CNC milling machines and lathe
- Read and interpret Engineering drawings/blueprints and Solid models
- Translate instructions into computer commands so machines perform correct function
- Set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate a large number of parts
- Resolve problems with products or design changes
- Modify programs and change offsets as necessary; Identify and correct machine and programing errors
- Utilize and comply with all manufacturing and quality standards
- Verify dimensions of parts and tools using precision measuring instruments
- Abide with instructions, regulations and safety policies
- Keep machines and surrounding area clean while maintaining a safe work environment
- Other duties may be assigned
Do You Have What It Takes?
- Minimum of 5 years of set-up experience required
- Knowledge of FANUC and Mastercam
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings
- Ability to set fixture, load tools, program and find offsets
- Mould making an asset
- Effectively communicate information with managers and other employees
- Motivated to learn and able to work independently with minimal supervision
What will help you perform the job?
- Ability to comfortably stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to comfortably walk, sit, bend, and crouch.
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes).
- Able to lift up to 30lbs (occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs)
How to Apply
Visit www.stanpacnet.com/careers and select Smithville from the location drop-down box.
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are “Good People Who Make Great Packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.