Westland Greenhouse Solutions Inc., is a growing company in Niagara building and supplying greenhouse solutions for the agricultural industry in Ontario. With over 20 years in business we are looking to expand our workforce to include an estimator/draftsperson who will be actively involved with the project and sales team.
The Estimator/Draftsperson will be responsible for producing accurate estimates, designs and drawings for greenhouse and shading projects. The Estimator/Draftsperson works closely with the sales team during the sales process and with the project team during the installation process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and/or coordinate the preparation of full cost estimates on conceptual, design build or general tender work.
- Review customer RFQ’s (Request for Quotations), specifications, schedule requirements, and bid documents.
- Identify labour, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documentation.
- Prepare detailed take-offs and drawings and being able to read multiple disciplines of blue prints.
- Prepare excel spreadsheets for project estimations and any costing, planning or scheduling reports.
- Evaluate and recommend allowances for indirect costs, design unknowns, escalation, and contingency.
- Prepare a complete list of materials and quantities take off.
- Contact vendors, subcontractors, and suppliers for estimation of job costing.
- Establish project cost control for tracking of equipment, material, labour, tools, subcontractors and miscellaneous costs.
- Present prepared estimates by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Coordinate the planning efforts with other divisions/trades.
- Assist Project Supervisors on the preparation of job filing, and organization of paperwork.
- Ensure projects are in compliance with contract requirements.
- Review all final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal quotation.
- Organize and attend job progress meetings as required.
- Ensure paperwork for job costing and finance are accordingly completed.
- Provide technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc., as required.
- University degree or college diploma in a construction related field.
- 3+ years experience in estimating.
- AutoCAD and Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) experience essential.
- Working knowledge of 3D modeling an asset.
- Experience in manufacturing and structural design an asset.
How to Apply
Please copy and paste Westland Estimator into the subject line of your e-mail and forward resume to:Jobs@employment-solutions.org
Please ensure the job title is in the email subject line to ensure proper application destination.
For more services, please call 289-488-1800 or 905-788-3751 to speak to an Employment Advisor about how our services can help you find the job you want, for free!
We connect Great People with Great Companies!