Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Facilities Manager is responsible for planning, overseeing, and performing day-to-day tasks associated with the security, fire safety, maintenance, and care of the Performing Arts Centre’s (PAC) physical facility as well as direct the PAC’s occupational health and safety program. As a working manager, the job incumbent must take a hands-on role in all aspects of building security, maintenance, and safety while also striving to continuously improve operations by proactively anticipating future facility needs. Working collaboratively with key stakeholders, including, but not limited to the Engineering, Facilities and Environmental Services Department of the City of St. Catharines, the Facility Manager will successfully manage team members and outside contractors to accomplish multiple priorities including maintenance and capital improvement projects while upholding the PAC’s mandate and organizational health and safety standards. Working in collaboration with the Director of Operations, the Facilities Manager will also assist with department budgeting, forecasting, scheduling, and planning.
To be successful in this position the Facilities Manager must be a self-driven, problem solver capable of managing projects and people.
Building Maintenance & Security
• Oversee and coordinate all aspects of building maintenance, security, and safety requirements (e.g., renovations, updates to systems, plumbing, carpentry, equipment maintenance, BAS system, etc.) including the detection and reporting of faulty operations and/or defective material.
• Work collaboratively with staff at the City of St. Catharines to manage and monitor ongoing and special maintenance, repairs and mechanical services.
• Perform and/or oversee routine and complex preventative maintenance and corrective repair of the building along with its equipment, and exterior grounds as well as ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the building’s automation systems.
• In accordance with company purchasing policies, ensure that service contracts are secured for all electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems as well as ensuring contracts are in place for maintaining the grounds year-round.
• Oversee maintenance schedules; ensure all required schedules are current and traceable.
• Prepare receiving dock for incoming vendors, maintenance contractors and deliveries.
Maintenance & Capital Projects Planning and Execution
• Working with City staff, plan and anticipate facility improvement requirements, ensuring environmental sustainability of all new projects.
• Manage all aspects of new and future maintenance and capital projects from planning to completion, ensuring the PAC’s purchasing policies and processes are followed.
• Prepare comprehensive purchasing documents, such as request for proposals (RFPs), to solicit bids for new and future capital improvements and/or maintenance projects ensuring accurate specifications for standard and specialized equipment and supplies.
Health and Safety
• Create, write, and implement building safety plan including occupational, fire, facility, and public safety.
• Chair Joint Health and Safety Committee as Management Representative ensuring complete compliance with current legislation.
• Observe and document employee safety; investigate incidents, correct safety violations, commend safety adherence and conduct safety information sessions.
• Implement and maintain a program of regular inspections and risk assessments in common areas and work areas.
• Complete reports and maintain team member training records related to emergency, health & safety, and fire procedures.
• Ensure the PAC COVID-19 Protocols and public health guidelines are being followed at all times.
• Fall Protection Certificate, required.
• A valid Ontario driver’s license, Class “G”, in good standing.
• In accordance with the FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre’s Mandatory Vaccination Policy, proof of all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Canada are required.
• College certificate or diploma in Health & Safety and/or Building Operations, preferred.
• Possess a sound understanding of building systems (i.e., HVAC, plumbing, mechanical, security), fire codes and safety regulations.
• Demonstrated experience writing a building safety plan that encompasses occupational, fire, facility, and public safety.
• Demonstrated time and project management skills.
• Capable of directing and leading a team while at the same time taking on an active, working role.
• Mechanically adept and highly skilled at operating hand and power tools.
• Proven history of budget development and management.
• Demonstrated proficiency in working with and overseeing computer applications such as BAS systems, security applications, access control software and Excel.
• Five (5) years’ recent experience in managing the operation of a large, complex facility, required.
• Five (5) years’ experience managing people, required.
• Previous experience on a Joint Health & Safety team; JHSC Part II Certificate, required.
How to Apply
If you think your experience and career aspirations are aligned with this opportunity – please send your resume to email@example.com.
The FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre is an equal-opportunity employer, and we believe that our organization is stronger when we have a team that reflects our region’s diversity.
At the FirstOntario Performing Arts Centre, a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees and volunteers, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, or disability, feels valued and respected. Managers commit to a nondiscriminatory leadership and provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement in their department, programs, and work environment. All the PAC employees will respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices within their team and the FirstOntario PAC are valued and heard.
We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.