This position is responsible for all activities associated with Accounts Receivable for three unique organizations. The individual will work on SAGE 300 ERP and Great Plains ERP software. Additionally, this individual will be required to support Accounts Payable, and provide various other accounting and administrative support to the Finance Team.
Understanding of the accounting cycle, familiarity with software data entry, attention to detail and the ability to problem solve is required.
Full-Time Permanent Position – 35 Hours Per Week
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The major responsibilities of the Financial Services Assistant include but are not limited to the following:
Review and enter receipt source documents into the accounting system. Organize and document cash deposits and scan cheques for automated deposit. Create invoices and manage accounts receivable. Organize and store electronic files.
Review, verify and code invoices following organizational, financial and budget guidelines. Enter invoices into system and prepare electronic payments and cheque runs. Setup and maintain vendor files.
Work with Finance Team members to complete month end and year-end reporting in a timely and accurate manner, adhering to generally accepted accounting standards for not-for-profit organizations.
- Adheres to the organizational policies and procedures of Pathstone Mental Health.
- Actively participates in the development and review of Agency practices, processes and the implementation of the current strategic plan.
- Actively participates as a member of the Financial Services Team.
- Participates in the setting and implementation of organizational and team goals and objectives.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
Assumes responsibility for a safe work environment and safe working practices by:
- Working in a safe manner and maintaining a safe and orderly work environment;
- Investigating unsafe situations and conditions and addressing them in accordance with Health and Safety Policies and Procedures;
The Financial Services Assistant operates within the guidelines and control systems in place in the Agency and reports to the Manager of Financial Services.
- Effective team member,
- College Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent in related field,
- Ability to maintain confidentiality,
- Two years of experience in finance routines including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and general accounting knowledge,
- Understanding of the full accounting cycle
- Experience with month end and year end duties as well as working with continuity schedules
- Experience and knowledge in ERP software (Sage and Great Plains) or other similar software,
- Word Processing and spreadsheet applications with proficiency in Microsoft Office programs,
- Familiarity with a paperless work environment,
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to complete assignments independently and in a timely manner,
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and work to assigned deadlines in a busy work environment,
- Experience working with the Indigenous population is an asset,
- Current police records check within six (6) months.
How to Apply
In writing to Angela Wyrcimaga at HR@Pathstone.ca
Interviews will be scheduled as soon as possible
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted