First General Property Restoration services, located in St. Catharines is looking for a general labourer to join their team.
Established in 1980, First general continues as one of North Americas largest emergency restoration service networks with over 80- locations in Canada and North America.
First General Niagara Region is looking for a General Labourer to join our field staff team. First General Niagara specializes in water, fire, wind, mold and sewage remediation for both residential and commercial properties. As a general labourer, you are often first in when disaster strikes, to assist in the removal of damaged equipment and to ensure the safety of the affected area.
Additional Responsibilities and Duties
- Follow daily work orders made by Project Managers
- Must have attention to detail and treat our clients homes like it was your own
- Must be flexible with your daily schedule as we are an emergency response team – schedules change everyday
Available Monday-Friday and for after hours & on-call shifts.
The position includes responding to emergencies on a 24 hour basis on rotation schedule (Will be discussed)
Job Type: Full-time
*We will provide training*
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour (based on experience)
Benefits Package available.
- Must have a valid Full G driver’s license with a clean driving record
- 44 hours/week, flexible to work overtime when required.
- Experience in commercial/residential construction or restoration an asset
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up, monitor, and move equipment needed for water extraction and drying of premises
- Removal of water and mold damaged building materials
- Removal of damaged equipment, materials, personal belongings etc
- Sorting of items for repair, cleaning or refuse
- Follow established safety rules and regulations to maintain a safe environment
- Ability to be on-call on a rotating schedule
- Drivers License and clean abstract
- Must be physically fit to handle regular lifting and carrying of heavy, water soaked items with help.
- Construction labourer or similar experience an asset
- Experience using basic tools
- Willing to train
How to Apply
Please copy and paste “FIRST GENERAL” into the subject line of your e-mail and forward resume to: Jobs@employment-solutions.org
Please place the job title in the email subject line to ensure proper application destination.
**Only qualified Candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls or drop ins**
Interested and serious applicants only please. First General is an equal opportunity employer.
For more services, please call 905-788-3751 OR 289-488-1800 to speak to an Employment Advisor about how our services can help you find the job you want, for free!
We connect Great People with Great Companies!