What will it be like to work for this Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. Hilton remains an innovative forward-thinking hospitality leader by offering best-in-class products, services and amenities to ensure that every guest feels cared for, valued and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand reputation and what it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts.
What will I be doing?
This role will be responsible for maintaining and repairing all Guest rooms and common areas. The equipment repairs/changes include but are not limited to, toilets, showers, Jacuzzi tubs, sinks, change light bulbs, wallpaper repair and minor electrical repairs. The General Maintenance Team Member must have strong mechanical abilities and be skilled in the use of basic hand and electric tools.
What are we looking for?
A General Maintenance serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. We look for demonstration of these values:
H Hospitality – We’re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences
I Integrity – We do the right thing, all the time
L Leadership – We’re leaders in our industry and in our communities
T Teamwork – We’re team players in everything we do
O Ownership – We’re the owners of our actions and decisions
N Now – We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
- Minimum of two years’ professional experience with property maintenance
- Significant, professional experience in plumbing and electrical
- Must have the visual ability to identify and match colors for painting color coded steam pipes and identifying color coded electrical wires.
- Superb organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong mechanical ability with attention to detail
- Required to provide a certificate proving completion of the Health and Safety Awareness Training for Workers (e-course provided by the Ministry of Labour)
- Must be able to lift and carry 24.5 kg and push/pull 14.5 kg
Must be available to work a variety of shifts (evenings, weekends, holidays)
- Must be able to complete a Criminal Background Check to the hotel’s satisfaction.
This job posting is not exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a General Maintenance will be asked to perform from time to time. This list is only a sample; a General Maintenance may be required to perform other duties.
Hospitality Fallsview Holdings Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hospitality Fallsview Holdings Inc. will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
How to Apply
Please forward all resumes, indicating what position you are applying for, to the following email address: