The Quality Inspector will be part of Quality Operations, responsible for production readiness of the Welland manufacturing facility. They will support quality processes within the manufacturing site and cross-functionally within the Waukesha business unit. They will develop an in-depth understanding of quality theories, practices, concepts and principles in all parts of the manufacturing function. They will provide technical guidance and solve problems through analysis and leveraging multiple sources of information to deliver a high-quality product to our customers while ensuring quality processes are being met.
- Collaborate with technicians and cross-functional stakeholders to ensure quality readiness of our manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for carrying out Incoming inspection of parts received from suppliers.
- To be able to clearly understand Print requirements and be conversant with GD&T.
- Should be aware of standard sampling plans for Inspection based on Variable and Attribute sampling plans as per ISO.
- Well acquainted with non-confirming material handling.
- Proficient with Measuring instruments and should be trained in Gage R&R.
- Experience in Engine manufacturing is added advantage.
- Should be able to prepare & manage PFMEA, Control Plans & Quality Instructions.
- Experience in ERP transactions related to Quality in Oracle.
- Experience in manufacturing processes like Foundry, Casting, Machining is desired.
- Experience in Kaizen, Problem solving tools like 8D, Cause & Effect desired.
- Work together with the production shop floor and support teams at the Welland site to share best practices, coordinate quality developments and support quality initiatives and projects.
- Act as a support and quality subject matter expert when developing corrective action on observed quality and production issues
- Support both internal and external process audits within our production to maintain and meet ISO compliance.
- Support the identification of quality related issues and help to coordinate the implementation of corrective and preventative action plans.
- Act as a resource in the support of both services and supplier quality issues management and work closely with supplier quality and sourcing teams to quickly resolve quality concerns.
- Ensure all quality reports and documents are accurately maintained and the data presented is clearly communicated.
- Should be flexible to work in shifts.
- ASQ-CQE certification preferred
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Hands on experience in SPC & MSA.
- Strong collaborator who is a positive team player
- Autonomous, results driven and accountable for own actions and takes ownership of decisions
- Able to influence without authority by motivating, creating understanding and accountability to drive change at the quality level.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and coordinate several moderate projects simultaneously
- Effective problem solver and communicator with the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Experience in QDAS preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications