Join Canada’s fastest-growing internet technology company in the insurance industry and start your career in Insurance.
It’s game changing time! If you have an ‘act now, do it today’ attitude, vested interest in learning from experienced professionals and want to be a part of a winning team – you’ve found it.
Position: Insurance Sales Brokers, SCOOP Insurance Brokers (Welland)
We are in need of highly self-motivated, talented and detail-oriented Insurance Sales Brokers to join our continued successful growing team. As a Sales Broker you will work closely with your customers to identify their insurance needs for Personal Lines (Home/Auto) and find the best option/solution for them. You are driven by success and meeting or exceeding goals and thrive on being rewarded for your hard work. You bring strong attention to detail while continuing to deliver a high level of professional customer service. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have a commitment to ensuring that your customer’s needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
No experience required. We will train you! It’s an 8 week intensive paid training program to help assist you in acquiring your RIBO License.
What do you Bring? (Required Qualifications)
- Strong commitment to teamwork
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Proven sales ability
- A results-oriented professional with a strong work ethic
- An unwavering commitment to delivering professionalism and expertise to our clients
- Must be organized, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and have excellent communication skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office products such as Word and Excel
- High energy
- Drive for success
- Key Accountabilities
Responsibilities of the Insurance Broker will include but not limited to:
- Meet or exceed monthly goals
- Provide advice and quotes which ensures the most appropriate product is offered
- Effectively position SCOOP Insurance Brokers Ltd. and our insurer partner’s value proposition
- Perform front-line underwriting of property and casualty policies ensuring risks meet partner guidelines
- Maintain knowledge of current underwriting rules, product features and other industry changes
- Deliver a high level of friendly, professional service
- Work as a team, in a queue, to ensure service levels are met and maintained
- Complete administrative duties as required, ensuring complete and adequate documentation for all customer policies and files
- Other duties as required by Team Lead, Sales.
What do we offer?
Competitive Salary and an uncapped monthly performance bonus- during training Salary of $37,000, once training is successfully completed you will move up to Salary of $40,000
Full benefits after 90 days- no deductions to your pay for this
3 weeks paid vacation
Your birthday off
Culture of appreciation
Free lunches every other Friday
Scheduled Shifts: we are open 8-8 Monday to Friday and 10-4 on Saturday
Shifts will be either 10 AM- 6 PM or 12 PM- 8 PM (you will be scheduled for 5 afternoon shifts over a 4 week period) and you will be scheduled for 1 Saturday per month.
At RATESDOTCA Group Ltd., we aim to help every Canadian make better money decisions. We help consumers find the best insurance rates, mortgage rates, credit cards and banking products—all online—by offering comprehensive product comparisons, educational content, industry news, and financial tools like calculators, renewal reminders and rate alerts. We display the options and choices available, so consumers can make confident money decisions and purchases. Our efforts don’t stop at our consumer-facing brands. We also work directly with the country’s top insurers, banks, credit unions and brokers to help them improve their tools and technology to give Canadians more choice and better products.
How to Apply
Now that we’ve told you a little about us, we’d like to learn more about you.
Please submit resume to:
Although RATESDOTCA is an equal opportunity employer, only candidates that are being considered will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their submissions and interest in our Company.