Silvergate Homes Limited, this family-owned home builder is an award-winning builder with over 35 years of building and renovating in the Niagara Region and beyond. Silvergate continues to move forward with an ambitious land development program, with a significant pipeline of projects.
Come into work loving what you do every day!
The Land Development Project Manager will work collaboratively with the Owner and Executive Team to advance design options and drive development opportunities.
Land Development project management of varying build projects from the initial land acquisition and design concept through land development approvals to project close-out. Further manages applications through a complete set of approvals including official plan amendments, zoning amendments, plan of subdivision/site plan applications, and registrations (as required if a condo build).
- Management of land development projects from acquisition to final assumption.
- Liaison between real estate (land seller agent) and Ownership, sales, marketing, architecture, municipal/city/government authorities, and contractors.
- Create land layout/designs; maximizing land potential.
- Assist with project scheduling, budgeting, cash flows and other financial reporting as it relates to the development stage.
- Supports and manages municipal approvals: draft plans, zoning, site plans, subdivision registration etc.
- Work with both local and regional municipal departments in all matters.
- When the project is a condo; complete the registration process.
- Support the construction management team with the engineering process including civil, landscaping and utility drawing approval process.
- Participate in home product design and apply it to land development.
- Maintain appropriate records of approvals, engineering plans, permits etc for each project.
- Make regular site visits and attend construction meetings (as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning or degree/diploma in Engineering, Planning, or equivalent experience;
- 3 to 5 years expertise in land acquisition and conception to permits/approvals and project close-out;
- Extensive knowledge of Auto-CAD, Excel and Outlook;
- Analytical strengths, creative problem solving, communication, interpersonal relationships, and leadership;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills – verbal and written – in the English language;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines;
- Experienced in reading various types of maps (topographical, zoning, etc.) and engineering plans;
- Demonstrated success in the homebuilding and land development industry;
- Computer literacy (MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Project).
How to Apply
Please copy and paste “Land Development Project Manager (Home Builder)” into the subject line of your e-mail and forward resume to: Jobs@employment-solutions.org
Before sending, check you entered the job title in the email subject line to ensure proper application destination.
For more services, please call 289-488-1800 or 905-788-3751 to speak to an Employment Advisor about how our services can help you find the job you want, for free!
We connect Great People with Great Companies!
We thank all applicants for their interest and will be in contact with those selected for interviews.