The Welland Public Library is seeking a Library Page. Under the direction of the Manager of Information Technology and Systems, this unionized position will work a minimum of 5 hours weekly and will be responsible for shelving library materials and maintaining the tidiness of Library collections. This position will work with various Library materials and will also assist with any other related duties as assigned at the Library.
• Must be at least 14 years of age at the time of application
• Currently enrolled in or have completed a Secondary School Educational Diploma (OSSD)
• Demonstrated ability to alphabetize and order materials sequentially as appropriate
• Ability to follow established routines with accuracy and attention to detail
• Able to work and interact positively and effectively in a team environment
• Good listening, organization and communication skills
• Able to work a variety of hours, including days, evenings and weekends
• Interest in pursuing an education in Library Science or a related field is considered an asset
The rate of pay for this position is minimum wage.
Posting closes at 4:00pm on August 4th, 2021.
The Welland Public Library is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. The Welland Public Library is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. Should you require any accommodations, we will work to meet your needs.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a current resume clearly marked “Library Page –WPL” via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be held in strict confidence. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.