We are seeking a Live-in Building Superintendent for a very well maintained 45-unit apartment building in the Southern Niagara Region. Superintendent works under the direction of the Building Owner to oversee the day-to-day maintenance and upkeep of the building.
The key responsibilities of a Building Superintendent include, but are not limited to:
· Performing various building maintenance and repairs, including cleaning hallways, elevator, and common areas
· Collection of rent and laundry money
· Respond to after hours & weekend emergency calls
· Perform general cleaning, and some snow shoveling where services are not performed by contractor
· Garbage removal to proper pick-up area
· Administration of on-site spare parts and supplies
· Coordination of repairs with outside contractors
· Garbage removal and cleaning of vacant units and coordination of move in/move out
· Oversee parcel and courier delivery to tenants
· Other assignments within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the job as reasonably requested from time to time by management
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to provide a description of those principal job elements. The job duties are subject to change.
Desired Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role, the candidate must possess the following combination of education, experience, and skills:
· High school education at minimum. Additional educational or trades courses an asset
· Minimum 3-5 years building maintenance experience
· Demonstrated basic carpentry, and plumbing skills
· Ability to work outdoors, lift up to 15 kilos, and work at heights on ladders
· Maintain confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy as well as positive attitude and effective interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
· Have a valid G driver’s license
· Basic computer literacy is a must (MS Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook)
This is a permanent position with compensation based on experience and qualifications. A 2-bedroom apartment is provided, including other benefits.
Thank you in advance for your interest. We can only respond to candidates chosen for interview.
Job Type: Full-time