Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. With multiple opportunities on our packaging production lines, interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity is in our Maintenance shop as a Mechanic. This position is a Full Time, Permanent role.
*12 Hour continental rotating shifts. Days 7am to 7pm, Nights 7am to 7pm, rotating biweekly
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on motors, conveyor systems, and production machines
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measurement and testing instruments
- Control downtime by informing production workers of routine maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance
- Fabricate repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment
- works to improve machine efficiency, reduce scrap, and improve quality of our Product and Processes
- Assemble and align gears, bearings and shafts
- Maintain effective equipment maintenance schedules and records on all company equipment and tools
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Procure parts for necessary repairs and adjustments
- Management of parts inventory
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
What will help you perform the job?
- Ability to comfortably stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to comfortably walk, sit, bend, and crouch.
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes).
- Able to lift up to 30lbs (occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs)
Do You Have What It Takes?
- Previous maintenance experience working in a production/manufacturing environment is an asset
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalent
- Relevant manufacturing experience
- Good knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, PLC, Hydraulic, and Pneumatic principles
- Al least 2+ years experience of proven capacity or formal education in a related field (Manufacturing, Millwright, Engineering, etc)
- Strong mechanical and technical understanding
- Ability to deal with uncertainty; troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic electrical experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with vendors
- Required to adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Be self-motivated and can work as part of a team
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Upkeep, and Smartsheets an asset
How to Apply
Visit www.stanpacnet.com/careers and select Smithville from the location drop-down box.
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are “Good People Who Make Great Packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.