The Manufacturing Technician – Machining will be a key team member responsible for the manufacturing process. They will interpret and produce work from complex product drawings, manuals, specifications & work instructions to produce high-quality reciprocating gas engines. They may be required to perform and/or support all functions of the manufacturing of gas engines. They will do this in compliance with our Environmental Health & Safety standards.
At INNIO, we offer you
An innovative and international connected working environment
Flexible working model and structure
Comprehensive benefits package
Company matched RRSP program
Onsite gym facility
An upbeat atmosphere with a collaborative cross-functional team
- Perform the most critical machine duties to produce high quality parts, fixtures and basic tooling including: set up and operation of any machine tool in the shop.
- Work within close tolerances and various materials with complex designs to perform the machining, assembly and finishing of components needed for engine production and service parts.
- Create programs to control the operation sequence and cycling of computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines which may include working with multiple machines and machining centers.
- Program correct operational sequence, tooling change, axis movement of carriage of head and cycle speeds, etc., develop programs from specifications/schematics/blueprints.
- Use jigs, fixtures and other equipment in performance of duties.
- Perform Non-destructive testing, grinding and other operations in support of all machining products.
- Perform equipment and machinery preventative maintenance work, including but not limited to coolant and lubrication application to machinery and minor repairs
- Calibrate gauges and measuring equipment and perform general maintenance and repair of hand tools, specialized tools, equipment and fixtures.
- Follow maintenance schedules and perform equipment inspections to ensure proper and safe operation.
- Provide coaching and expertise to other team members by sharing expertise and working as a team to meet common business objectives.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities to drive efficiency and cost savings.
- High school diploma and a combination of relevant experience.
- 2-5 years of machining experience is preferred.
- Basic technical aptitude including but not limited to: computers, math, machining, assembly, fabrication, CNC machine operation and general manufacturing principles.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours/shifts.
- Ability to meet physical and cognitive demands assessment.
- Ability to lift a minimum weight of 40 lbs.
- Desired Characteristics:
- Team player who is accountable for team’s success: delivering business targets and responsibility for decisions and outcomes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to give and receive feedback.
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment.
- Willingness to learn new skills and perform a variety of tasks and roles within the manufacturing process and teach and coach other team members.