In this role, you will:
Act as the Mechanical Maintenance Technician to support the Maintenance team as a key member responsible for the manufacturing and production of high-quality reciprocating gas engines. They will be required to maintain plant machinery and equipment from routine mechanical maintenance to complex machine and equipment repairs.
At INNIO, we offer you:
- An innovative and international connected working environment
- Flexible working model and structure
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company matched RRSP program
- Onsite gym facility
- An upbeat atmosphere with a collaborative cross-functional team
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining plant machinery & equipment from routine mechanical maintenance to complex machine & equipment repairs.
- Detecting and troubleshooting irregularities and malfunctions in machinery.
- Reading diagrams and schematic drawings and service manuals to determine work procedures.
- Operating rigging equipment & dollies to place heavy machinery & parts.
- Fitting bearings, aligning gears & shafts, replacing pumps, attaching motors & connecting couplings & belts to precise tolerances,
- Complying with all applicable health, safety and environmental legislation and policies.
- Preventing premature breakdown of the equipment used in production and to operate the facility through continual predictive and preventative maintenance disciplines.
- Documenting repairs from service requests & PM’s in the computerized maintenance management system (IPC).
- Converting service requests to work orders, when required.
- Liaison with external service providers or OEM’s for machinery & equipment overhauls, as needed.
- Performing diverse and complex assignments in support of Welland Gas Engines production and maintenance.
- Identifying and reporting any abnormal conditions of materials, products or equipment to supervision.
- Operating hoisting and lifting devices such as cranes, jacks and lift trucks to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Maintaining, troubleshooting & repairing or replacement of basic and complex precision machine tool components.
- 433A Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) certificate of qualification or equivalent
- Red Seal Certified
- 2- 5 Years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with respect to Mechanical Assembly, Automation and Robotics, Machine Repair, Hydraulic Systems, Pneumatic systems.
- Demonstrated ability to install, maintain, align and adjust precision machines, hydraulic & phonematic systems.
- Familiarity with various CNC machines, including but not limited to Okuma, Makino, Nile Simmons, Mori Seiki, WFL’s.
- Demonstrated knowledge of clearances, tolerances, bearings and precision parts.
- Basic personal computer and corporate standard software skills (MS Word, Excel) are required.
- Basic skills in planning and scheduling of maintenance work are required.
- Knowledge/experience in a Computerized Maintenance Management System