As a member of the Maintenance team, the Millwright will report to the Maintenance Manager. The Millwright is responsible for performing repairs and troubleshooting mechanical issues for all related equipment; including proper preventative maintenance and minimal downtime of equipment located in the Port Colborne facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Analyzes by troubleshooting, all types of mechanical and related equipment, and making recommendations on a course of action for the repair or replacement of equipment.
– Interprets Operating & Maintenance manuals, diagrams, schematics, prints and recommends revisions.
– Organizes, coordinates, and works with external contractors while performing maintenance or repairs to equipment, including the inspection of completed work to ensure it conforms to Regional Standards and industry best practices.
– Responds to emergency equipment failures, troubleshoots equipment and diagnosing problems, identifies needed resources and makes repair or works with contractors to complete work.
– Provides support to assist with project implementation and the start-up and commissioning of equipment.
– Maintains a good working relationship with all colleagues, customers and contractors through collaboration, communication, and application of conflict resolution skills.
– Utilizes a computerized maintenance management system to record all work performed, source equipment parts, equipment history, and modify and update work status as required.
– Performs required other duties as assigned.
– Ensures all work complies with Safety Standards and all Applicable codes.
– Adheres to Pinty’s policies and procedures.
– Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
– Must possess a valid Certificate of Qualification as an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) in good standing with the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities.
– Two to Three (2-3) years of practical experience is preferred.
– Independent and self-motivated troubleshooter and problem solver.
Technical & Skill Requirements:
– Knowledge of Microsoft office, SAP Computerized Maintenance Management System (Argus); other computerized systems is an asset.
– Must possess a good understanding of safety practices as mandated under the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
– Must have the ability to understand equipment manufacturers’ schematic drawings to check equipment installation and repairs. Must interpret design drawings to validate and provide comments on proposed work and interpret operating and maintenance manuals to effectively check equipment installation and repairs.
– Class B refrigeration an asset
Work Environment (including Physical Demands):
– Exposure to noise, heights, confined spaces, poor lighting conditions, material, products, and by-products associated with the food manufacturing, temperatures, and weather extremes that require the use of specialized protective devices, clothing, or equipment.
– Required to climb stairs, ladders, and scaffolding to access elevations, able to crouch for periods of time, push, pull, lift, and turn while carrying tools, material, and equipment in various parts of the facility. Excessive walking. Operate material handling equipment which could include Boom trucks, lift trucks, pallet lifter, chain hoists etc.
– Willing to work overtime.
– Potential extended hours during the normal work schedule
– 8-hour shift of days with the potential of alternative shifts or as required.
- Qualified Industrial Millwright
- Certified Trade Millwright
- 2 to 3 years
How to Apply
Submit your resume by email to:
For more services, please call 289-488-1800 or 905-788-3751 to speak to an Employment Advisor about how our services can help you find the job you want, for free!
We connect Great People with Great Companies!
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.