We’re looking for a self-driven, collaborative and customer-oriented leader to join our dynamic team and take on the strategic role of Operations Manager.
Ferox produces wines that are distinct and elegant; combining knowledge, innovation and tradition. We focus
on long-term quality and consistency which begins in the vineyard with a minimalistic, sustainable but precise
approach, then continues in the cellar making wines characterized by fresh fruit on the nose, complexity,
harmony, sharp acidity, and incredible aging potential.
Reporting to the Owner(s), the Operations Manager is responsible for effectively supervising the day-to-day operations of Ferox by Fabian Reis (Ferox) and actively contributing to the brand’s growth and overall success.
Specifically, the Operations Manager is tasked with overseeing the employee life cycle, managing employee performance, and ensuring that property maintenance and business logistics are achieved through efficient coordination and communication with internal and external stakeholders.
Working closely with the Owner(s) and acting as a collaborative leader and brand ambassador, the job incumbent must take initiative in developing and implementing operational policies, procedures and creative strategies to support organizational goals and objectives aimed at elevating customer satisfaction and operational performance.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervise the work of Ferox employees to ensure productivity and performance standards are met.
• Oversee employee life cycle(s) including recruitment, selection, training, development and dismissal.
• Conduct all scheduling activities (i.e., weekly employee schedules, tracking vacations, sick days, etc.)
• Manage employee performance by clearly communicating job expectations, providing ongoing feedback, conducting regular evaluations, and providing appropriate recognition and/or discipline.
• Prioritize health and safety in the workplace by enforcing legislated standards and promptly addressing health and safety-related concerns and/or incidents.
• Effectively lead by example to build trust, promote employee engagement and increase retention.
• Maintain accurate employee files and documentation.
• Develop, implement and enforce operational policies and procedures.
• Oversee the retail store, ensuring the menu is regularly updated and the space is kept clean.
• Manage the physical maintenance and upkeep of the external property through delegation.
• Oversee Ferox’s point of sale (POS) and direct-to-consumer ecommerce platform (Commerce7).
• Effectively lead, coordinate and assist with wine club event planning initiatives and activities.
• Monitor all customer service functions to ensure professionalism and adherence to standards.
• Identify inefficiencies and implement plans to improve workflow and operational processes.
• Ensure organizational compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and standards.
• Maintain a safe and healthy work environment at all times.
Strategic Collaboration & Coordination
• Work closely with the Owner(s) to forecast operational requirements, prepare budgets and develop strategic plans, contributing key operations information and recommendations.
• Report to and communicate with Owner(s) on a weekly basis to ensure they are kept abreast of all operational matters concerning the business and/or its employees.
• Collaborate with the Ferox team to help drive sales and improve organizational performance by identifying opportunities for brand growth and executing effective marketing campaigns.
• Efficiently coordinate and maintain positive working relationships with external and internal contacts.
• Act as a knowledgeable, enthusiastic and passionate brand ambassador for Ferox at all times.
• Promote community engagement and seek opportunities for appropriate partnerships and alliances.
OUR EMPLOYEE COMMITMENT
• Extended health and dental plan
• Paid time off
• Pay-for-performance (i.e., goal-sharing plan & wine club commissions)
• Opportunity for professional growth and advancement
• A casual, supportive and empowered work environment
• Complimentary espresso
• Office setting, primarily
• Ability to lift up to 25lbs
• Availability to work flexible hours
• Sommelier certification, preferred
• Valid Class ‘G’ driver’s license and self-transportation required
• Certificate, diploma or degree in business, operations, hospitality, or related field, an asset.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-disciplined, driven and goal-oriented.
• Ability to put policies and procedures in place and provide input on how to improve processes.
• Exceptional customer service skills (i.e. attentive, communicative, positive, results-focused)
• Basic wine knowledge and an understanding of general business operations.
• Effective organization and time management skills; competent in prioritizing work activities.
• Ability to successfully lead, motivate, and manage a team of employees.
• Familiarity with point of sale and/or direct-to-consumer ecommerce software (i.e., Commerce7)
• Skilled in proactively analyzing, deescalating, and solving problems using sound judgement.
• Ability to foster productive working relationships built on trust and clarity.
• Capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment while paying great attention to detail.
• Willingness to learn, adapt, and take initiative, always maintaining exceptionally high standards.
• Commitment to promoting an inclusive, healthy, and safe workplace culture and environment.
• 3-5 years’ experience working in a managerial, supervisory or comparable leadership role, required.
• Proven operational experience in hospitality, retail or a similar customer-driven environment, required.
How to Apply
If you think your experience, skills and career aspirations are aligned with this opportunity – please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Operations Manager” in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a safe, healthy, diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.