About The Community of Lookout Ridge:
Lookout Ridge is a leader in retirement living and is located in the heart of Fonthill. We offer three levels of care for our residents, independent, assisted living and enhanced care. Locally owned and operated, we opened in 2008 and continue to offer exceptional resident care and strive to make retirement living pleasurable.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking to hire a Cook to join our culinary team who provide excellent meal service to our residents following safe food handling procedures.
|Hours Per Week: 20-30, must be available to work some weekends and holidays||Shifts: includes breakfast and dinner shifts, weekends, and stat holidays, if scheduled to work. Hours can range from 5:30 am start to 6:30 p.m. finish|
|Date Posted: September 10,2021||Start Date: ASAP|
Skills and Competencies Required for this Position:
– Previous experience with meal preparation in a restaurant or institutional setting preferred. (Red Seal Certification and Culinary Diploma preferred).
– Understand safe food handling practices to minimize risk of cross contamination.
– Must be capable of safe operation of commercial equipment required in performing duties.
– Ability to prioritize work and ensure timely completion of tasks.
– Possess efficient time management skills and multi-tasking of duties
– Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, lead by example.
– Valid, current safe food handling certificate.
– Ability to meet or exceed the physical demands of the position.
– Must be capable of following written and oral directions.
– Possess strong communication skills to deal with others effectively.
– Ability to work on their own or among a team.
– Must demonstrate a commitment to resident meal service.
– Be willing to learn new methods or procedures, be flexible in routine and assist in other areas as required.
– Demonstrate the ability to meet or exceed regular attendance requirements.
– Demonstrate the ability to always maintain confidentiality and display an understanding of professional guidelines required when dealing with residents.
– Basic WHMIS instruction required, as well as annual updates.
– Must be available to work weekday and weekend shifts as required
– Be available for occasional additional work hours to work other shifts to assist in staff training, vacation relief, etc.
How to Apply
Please copy and paste “Part Time Cook – The Community of Lookout Ridge” into the subject line of your e-mail and forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please place the job title in the email subject line to ensure proper application destination.
Please call 289-488-1800 or 905-788-3751 to Employment Solutions for more information and how our services can help you find the job you want, for free!
We connect Great People with Great Companies!