St. Charles Village is seeking a motivated individual to fill the role of Part Time Cook. This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to be part of a team that produces meals for residents and guests.
The successful candidate will be responsible for areas including:
- Preparing meals for residents and guests ensuring dietary needs are met.
- Receiving food and supplies.
- Operating and cleaning food production equipment and food preparation areas.
- Complying with all food preparation standards and health and safety requirements.
- All other duties as assigned or consistent with work routines and job descriptions.
Shift hours are from 6:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. or 12:30 p.m.-6:45 p.m.
In addition, the successful candidate will be required to promote high quality care while maintaining a safe and healthy environment for residents, resident families, and visitors.
The work requires standing for extended periods of time, and lifting and carrying heavy trays and items.
Strong interpersonal skills are essential, as is excellence in achieving continuous quality improvements. Previous experience in a food preparation environment is preferred.
Minimum 18 hrs bi-weekly
Latest shift ends at 6:45 p.m.
Part-time hours: 10 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Casual, Permanent
Qualifications or Skill Required:
- Must have 1 year experience cooking in a Restaurant/Retirement environment
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors
- Effective interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints
- Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness
- Must be able to operate related equipment
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations
- Safe food handling certificate is an asset, but willing to provide the training for certification
- Must be available to work weekdays, weekends and statutory holidays.
How to Apply
Please copy and paste “Part Time Cook” into the subject line of your e-mail and forward resume to: Jobs@employment-solutions.org
Before sending, check you entered the job title in the email subject line to ensure proper application destination.
For more services, please call 289-488-1800 or 905-788-3751 to speak to an Employment Advisor about how our services can help you find the job you want, for free!
We connect Great People with Great Companies!