The Foyer Richelieu Welland is a non-profit institution that provides French-speaking people with superior quality services for long-term care needs. Join a team of change and help make a difference in the lives of our seniors and their families.
The Personal Support Worker, under the direction of the Director of Care, provides personal care services to residents and assists residents with the activities of daily living as described in the care plan and in accordance with all required internal and external standards of practice.
- Provide personal care service according to directions in the established care plan or assignment sheet, and ensure that the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of residents are met.
- Provide personal care that is within the provincial scope of practice for a Personal Support Worker; duties may include skin care, hair care, mouth care, bathing, bowel and bladder care, positioning and movement, exercise and feeding including special diets
- Perform specialized resident specific procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated.
- Observe and document resident care and behaviors according to company standards; report unusual events or changes in the resident’s condition to the nurse in change or to the Director of Care.
- Understands and implements infection prevention practices.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- Adhere to Foyer Richelieu Welland Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with Foyer Richelieu’s Quality Improvement Program.
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify nurse in change of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Foyer Richelieu Welland personnel.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
- (PSW) certificate from an accredited Personal Support Worker Program.
- French Speaking is considered a significant asset for employment**
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a team environment, without supervision and in an atmosphere of change
- Is able to maintain patient confidentiality
- Possesses good time management skills
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills, autonomy, initiative and creativity.
- 1 year of recent personal care experience in a similar position or life experience in which similar duties were completed.
How to Apply
Please copy and paste Personal Support Worker (PSW) into the subject line of your e-mail and forward resume to: Jobs@employment-solutions.org
Please place the job title in the email subject line to ensure proper application destination.
For more services, please call 289-488-1800 or 905-788-3751 to speak to an Employment Advisor about how our services can help you find the job you want, for free!
We connect Great People with Great Companies!