Do you have the customer service skills needed to deal with a variety of Ministry stakeholders? Do you have excellent organizational and computer skills? If so, please consider joining the Carrier Safety and Enforcement Branch within the Ministry of Transportation in this dynamic role.
What can I expect to do in this role? Working within the various offices including Oversize/Overweight, Motor Vehicle Inspection Station, Mandatory Vehicle Branding and Commercial Vehicle Operator’s Registration Units, you will:
- apply your detail oriented nature to the work that you do
- be flexible and adaptable in order to switch between offices as required
- provide peak period support in processing applications and permits in each of the units as needed
- provide support to the revenue collection by validating and depositing fees received, and
- provide various secretarial, clerical and reception support.
How do I qualify?
- you have knowledge and abilities with both desktop and mainframe to work with databases, complete data entry, search and retrieve information, prepare standard forms and correspondence
- you have organizational skills to compile information, create and maintain filling systems and to respond to new tasks
Analytical, Evaluation and Problem Solving Skills
- you have analytical, evaluation and problem solving skills to review, prioritize and process permits and applications and to find and resolve discrepancies
Customer Service, Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- you have demonstrated interpersonal, communication and customer service skills and tact to interact with internal and external clients, to receive and respond to general enquiries, receive visitors and redirect enquiries
Office Knowledge and Skills
- you have knowledge of administrative procedures and policies
- you have knowledge of financial/accounting policies and procedures you have the ability to interpret and apply legislation, policies and procedures
Additional Information Address:
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 301 St Paul St, St Catharines, West Region, Criminal Record Check
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union Schedule: 3.7 Category: Administrative and Support Services Posted on: Wednesday, February 17, 2021 Note:
In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position. Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you. A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual’s employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential. • C-MT-160665/21
Organization: Ministry of Transportation Division: Road User Safety, Carrier Safety and Enforcement City: St Catharines Job Term: 1 Temporary up to 12 months Job Code: 08OAD – Office Administration 08 Salary: $24.28 – $28.23 Per Hour* *Indicates the salary listed as per the OPSEU Collective Agreement. Posting Status: Open Targeted Job ID: 160665
How to Apply
How to apply:
1. You must apply online by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers. You must enter the job id number (160665) in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
2. Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
3. Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
4. Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
5. OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
6. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives. All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee’s exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Wednesday, March 3, 2021 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code .