Hours of Work: 37.5 Hourly
Responsible for providing the effective and timely services to households throughout our portfolio or an assigned portfolio. Duties include but are not limited to providing the safety and security of the household and protecting the overall asset of the property.
Manage risk management, accessibility, external contractors, and resolution of household issues. PMs manage the budget of each assigned portfolio. Large portion of this position is the responsibility of collecting rent and expensing day-to-day expenses while ensuring fiscal responsibility to each property. Knowledge of Landlord and Tenant Board and/or eviction process for Co-ops.
There is a three-month probationary period.
Diploma in Social Services, Business Administration, Paralegal, or another related field preferred.
Course/certificate Rent geared to Income (RGI) training is an asset.
Certificate or Diploma from a recognized property management training course (e.g., Institute of Housing Management), is an asset.
- At least 1 year in customer
- 2 years’ experience in social housing and/or property management sector is preferred
- Knowledge of relevant legislation — Housing Services Act, Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
- Knowledge of contract administration and performance measures
- Knowledge of NewViews Accounting Software or other property management software is an asset
- Microsoft Office capability, including MS, Word, Excel
- Excellent organization and phone skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent social skills and an ability to effectively manage and build relationships with difficult clients
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities, and timelines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment within tight deadlines
- Knowledge of various legislation, including Co-operative Corporations Act, Residential Tenancies Act and Housing Services Act is preferred
- Must possess knowledge of various government and private pensions and benefits and other sources of income for households
- Bilingual English and French is considered an asset
Directs the management and maintenance of each property and implements the most cost effective and proactive measures are taken to protect the asset and the households. Follow relevant legislation and conduct regular inspections of units and communities including playgrounds, common and public areas.
- Ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures relate to maintenance of units, buildings, grounds, and on-site equipment
- Monitoring compliance with applicable fire codes and ensuring fire logs and elevator logs are completed and accurate
- Initiate repairs, upgrades, or improvements to correct maintenance deficiencies, determines and assigns work to maintenance department or contractors as necessary
- Identify and coordinate repairs needed to prepare units for new households to NPH standards
- Estimate costs of work
- work while working within the approved budget
Requires valid class G license and use of a vehicle. Position will require night meetings and confidence in driving in all seasons.
Please note that the Niagara Peninsula Homes requires that all newly hired employees are to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of being hired and provide proof of full vaccination or provide proof of a bona fide medical or Human Rights Code exemption on a form issued from and approved by Niagara Region.
Job Specifications / Independent Action
Work is performed in accordance with established policies, procedures, and guidelines
Decisions on which you seek consultation
Identifying and recommending appropriate courses of action to deal with arrears, community social issues, Health and Safety, Human Rights Code and situations involving the Service Manager.
May be asked to train, coach and check work of new staff and students
Maintenance staff, Admin Staff, Finance department and other NPH staff
How to Apply
Submit resume to email@example.com.