Job Posting – Retail Sales Associate
Date: February 16, 2021
Start Date: Immediately
Retail Sales Associate Job Description (part-time and full-time available)
The Retail Sales Associate works directly with the BBQ Retail Manager and is responsible for all sales activities and sales associated job duties, from greeting customers, answering questions, offering assistance, suggesting items, lending opinions and providing product information. Individual responsibilities as a Retail Sales Associate include demonstrating outstanding customer service and selling skills, keeping the selling floor stocked with merchandise, assisting in display of merchandise or organizing the selling floor and stock areas. The Retail Sale Associate must process payments by totaling purchases, cash, debit and credit cards. Must also be able to deal with customer refunds courteously and professionally. Maintains a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting store’s commitment to our customer satisfaction policies. Develops product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and pamphlets and attending training classes in order to communicate it to the customer. Stays current with promotional events and sales.
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Proficient in verbal and written English language
- Knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate with customers, peers and management
- Telephone etiquette
- Ability to multi-task, while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business
- Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative independent of direct supervision
- Physical demands: This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing and standing for at least two consecutive hours. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching and climbing ladders
- Enthusiastic, friendly and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding service
- Available to work a variety of hours, which may include early mornings and weekends shifts
- High School Diploma Required, with preference to retail experienced candidates with 2+ years in customer facing positions.
This position will be for approximately 20-40 hours per week. Some overtime may be required during busy seasons. Availability on Saturdays from 9-3 is a must. Dependable transportation to commute to either of our locations in Welland or Port Colborne.
This positions renumeration will be dependent on experience in the fields of HVAC, Hearth or BBQ, as well as retail sales. Starting wages begin at $15-$18/hr. Extended Medical, Dental and Life Insurance benefits after 3- month probationary period.
Retail Sales Associate top skills & proficiencies:
- Customer Service and Interpersonal skills
- Product Knowledge
- Basic Math
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Team Player
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For more services, please call 289-488-1800 or 905-788-3751 to speak to an Employment Advisor about how our services can help you find the job you want, for free!
We connect Great People with Great Companies!