Innova STEM Labs & The Town of Pelham Recreation, Culture, and Wellness department are now accepting applications for the following position: STEM Camp Instructor
Reporting to the STEM Camp Supervisor, the STEM Camp Instructor is responsible for creating and managing a stimulating educational environment conducive to students learning. This position must also supervise and
maintain a safe environment for all participants. If you are interested in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, are enthusiastic, outgoing, enjoy working with children/young adults, and want to build your leadership skills, this is the position for you. Must be available to work for the 9-week summer camp program.
• Prepare for the program through self-study and review of the curriculum
• Prepare and deliver Envision curriculum to students
• Facilitate small and large group meetings (lead interactive discussions, briefings, debriefings, simulations, and follow pre-designed lesson plans, etc.)
• Be responsible for the dissemination of the educational content of the program
• Prepare the students for each day’s activities
• Provide an excellent customer service experience for parents and students
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Demonstrated understanding of data analytics and presentation
• Previous experience in a similar role is preferred
• Knowledge of computer programming languages, electronic circuit principles, and/or 3D design software is considered an asset
Salary: $16.00/ hour (40 hours per week).
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes must quote the position and be addressed to Brianna Langohr, Human Resources, and Health and Safety Coordinator. Returning Students: Students who have previously worked for the Town of Pelham MUST re-apply.
The Town of Pelham is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with
Disabilities Act, if you require this document or any additional documents in an alternative format, please contact our office at 905-892-2607, ext. 315. Should you require any special accommodations in order to apply
for a position or interview for a position with the Town of Pelham, we will endeavor to make such accommodations.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit their resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act, all information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will only be used during the selection process for the subject posting.