|If you enjoy working outdoors, boots on the ground with an infield presence, this opportunity could be for you.
Join a company that is committed to a safety culture, with a team of Track Protection employees who are passionate and hold high qualities for responsibility which the role requires. We are looking for individuals with the highest level for safety, to lead teams in high pressured and time sensitive operations. Also, individuals with high attention to detail, ability to direct and provide instructions to contractors, and a high-level of awareness for their overall surroundings. The role is very safety sensitive and time critical with a high importance for punctuality.
WHO WE ARE:
Our work is getting and keeping Canada’s railway operators in motion – safely and sustainably! We work coast-to-coast, in every railway sector, and on any size project. Our commitment is service excellence and offering our clients exceptional value. Within our team, we call this Doing It Right!
We are currently seeking those interested in a Track Protection/Flag Person position to support our Track Protection Services
The ideal candidate must be willing to travel throughout Eastern Canada.
· Conducts daily job briefings in order that all contactors understand site specific instructions prior to commencing work
· Review the work site on a minimum daily basis and consults with Supervisor and or contractors representative to understand work being conducted, and any potential hazards.
· Maintain alertness at all times.
· Set up, reposition and dismantle railway specific signage.
· Protect workers and the public by keeping work space free of traffic, and warning oncoming traffic of potential hazards.
· Communicate effectively with other flagmen and Rail Traffic Controllers using established procedures and radio equipment to ensure the understanding of instructions, track protection
· limits, work site hazards and other specific site conditions.
· Install and dismantles railway signalling devices (flags) at designated locations
· Once briefed, directs movement of personnel and equipment through work areas
· Prepares daily timesheets, work sheets and other reports as required
· Promotes, executes and adheres to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
· Driving of assigned company vehicle
· Other duties as assigned
Compensation and Advantages:
• You can earn up to $100,000+ per year.
WHAT WE OFFER:
|· A high school diploma with at least 2 years of related work experience in the protecting of track units, track work or related emergency response environments
· Valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License
· Ability to read instructions, follow written policies and procedures.
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
· Perform duties 24/7/365 (including days, nights, weekends) in inclement weather, with possible exposure to severe weather conditions.
· Ability to maintain concentration and mental alertness in a variety of situations.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to complete multiple tasks under pressure
· Canadian Railway Operating Rules certification considered an asset.
· Prior experience working within a railway company is a definite asset.
· Training in railway “Track Inspection Guidelines” or equivalent is an asset
How to Apply
If you are interested in learning more about the job, please copy and paste “Track Protection/Flag Person” into the subject line of your email and send your resume to Beverly Rampat, Human Resources Coordinator at: email@example.com
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.