• Lift and load food service products onto pallets, and prepare pallets for shipping to a customer location
• Accurately scan and select products using a computerized inventory system
• Operate power equipment (e.g., electric pallet jacks)
• Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety rules and regulations and Food Safety programs
• Milton (2999 James Snow Parkway, Milton, ON L9T 5G4), or
• Ajax (200 Salem Road North, Ajax, ON, L1Z 0T9)
• Warehouse Order Selectors are assigned to one location but may occasionally be required to work at the other. The company will cover travel and living-out expenses, as per company policy.
Salary: $22.88 to $26.48/Hour; Salary increases as per company policy; Performance incentives, productivity incentives (up to $10/hour)
Benefits: Disability, Dental, Extended Medical, Prescription Drug, Full flex benefits program, company matching RRSP, EFAP Benefits (after 30 days of employment, as per company policy); Profit-Sharing; Paid training.
Hours: 40 Hours/week; Shifts:
• Afternoon shift starts at 1 p.m.
• Night shifts:
o Sunday to Thursday, 10 p.m. – 6 a.m.; or
o Sun, Mon, Thurs, 6 p.m. – 4 a.m. and Fri 4 p.m. – 2 a.m.
Employment terms and conditions: Permanent, Full-time; Overtime and Statutory Holiday work may be required
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Repetitive tasks
• Bending, crouching, kneeling
• Standing for extended periods
• Repeatedly lift, stack, pull and carry heavy items from 10 to 80 lbs
• Use hands and arms to reach and grasp products
• Lift above and below shoulder levels
• Must be able and willing to pass a Physical Lifting Ability Assessment
• Attention to detail
• Manual dexterity
• Hand-eye co-ordination
Work Site Environment:
• Fast-paced environment
• Work in all warehouse temperature zones:
o Grocery area is warm
o Cooler is approximately 1 or 2 degrees Celsius
o Freezer is approximately -20 degrees Celsius
• Personal Protective Equipment required and provided by company (thermal freezer suite, gloves and boots)
• Moderate level of noise
• Exposure to and handling of all types of food products including seafood, meats, dairy, produce, spices, beverages and equipment
• Quick learner
• Positive attitude
• Team player
Security and safety: Criminal record check
Additional Information: Must complete and pass 20-week paid training.
Previous experience in a labour-related role considered an asset but not required; training provided
How to Apply
How to apply:
• By E-mail: email@example.com
• By Mail: 2999 James Snow Parkway, Milton, ON L9T 5G4
Youth, Veterans of the Canadians Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, Newcomers to Canada are welcome to apply.